December 14, 2004

"I am the pawn, I am the King." - J Church.

NYT has a nice happy profile of a Philadelphia band I knew nothing about until now. I just like the optimistic smily-ness of the profile.

Scenestars does a fair enough job summing up The Stones Roses, or at least where things went wrong for them. I've been thinking about re-assessing "Second Coming," and the two tracks posted here will give me the chance.

The coolest thing I've heard all week is Brendan Canty of Fugazi fame is doing a DVD series where he goes to a city and films the bands touring through the city or residing in that city playing music in front of a structure that is about to be destroyed. Crazy, but true. Billboard has the skinny.

Okay, here is the playlist from last night's webcast. A hot show in my opinion. At least, I enjoyed listening to it. There will be one more show this year, 12/21 at 9PM. Then I'll be back on the InterWeb the first Tuesday after New Year's, which I beleive is the 4th.

1. Ad Council - WESU PSA "Ridiculous."
2. Reverend J.M. Gates and Congregation - Death May Be Your Santa Claus.
3. Robert Fripp & David Byrne - Under Heavy Manners.
4. The Beastie Boys - EGGMAN.
5. M.I.A. - Uraqt (Diplo Remix).
6. Yoko Ono - Georgia Stone (Excerpt).
7. They Might Be Giants - Hey Mr. DJ, I Thought You Said We Had A Deal.
8. Sugar - Gift.
9. J Church - Band You Love To Hate.
10. J Church - Nostalgic For Nothing.
11. Superchunk - Hello Hawk.
12. Jim O'Rourke - Get a Room.
13. Royal City - Spacey Basement.
14. Bright Eyes - Hit the Switch.
15. Jane's Addiction - My Time (Live).
16. Yoko Ono - Georgia Stone (Excerpt).
17. C.O.C.O. - Move On.
18. KC Accidental - Them (Pop Song #3333).
19. Sam Prekop - A Cloud to the Back.
20. American Football - Never Meant.
21. Haywood - No Way Back to Now.
22. Belle & Sebastian - Dear Catastrophe Waitress.
23. Karl Hendricks Trio - The Scoffer's Reply.
24. MRC Trio - Act Three Scene Three.
25. Kronos Quartet - Rachell's Weepinge.
26. Keren Ann - Chelsea Burns.
27. Pavement - Dark Ages.
28. The Mendoza Line - Small Town Napoleons.
29. Neutral Milk Hotel - Holland 1945.
30. Lali Puna - Nincompoop (Two Lone Swordsmen Remix).
31. The Smiths - Death of a Disco Dancer.
32. The Mobius Band - Frozen Lake in Unison.
33. ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead - Another Morning Stoner.
34. The 6ths - Falling Out of Love (With You).
35. Pink Floyd - Dramatic Theme.

That is all.

No comments: