October 27, 2004

"Descending from a crowd, and all the city streets are loud." - Pavement.

Sox are up by one in the top of the third. Even the infant and toddler Breitlings below the Mason-Dixon lione are excited for this one. Or at least their parents tell them to be excited about it when they are leaving me cute voicemails.

Chromewaves expresses sentiments similar to mine regarding the passing of John Peel, and has a great roundup of related tributes and the like. I guess relative to many I had an understanding of who John Peel was from a relatively youthful age, because when I was 13 and was frantically buying up Cure and Smiths records, I was constantly confronted with these CDs in black and grey covers that Peel Sessions were packaged in at the time, and perhaps are still packaged in today. Good idea: ITunes or Emusic should license all the Peel Recordings exlusively and offer them.

[Varitek at the plate with two men on.]

The Big Ticket is rightfully jubilant regarding the release of the expanded Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain reissue. I picked up my copy this afternoon and am currently plowing through the non-original tracks right now. God this stuff is good. A lot of it was put in my hands on cassette tape when I had the good fortune to live with Forrest R. Perry, who sent me a hysterical, Joey Sweeney album art-esque photo of himself holding a home-made Kerry sign on a corner in Memphis today.

Jen Kelly of SplendidEZine.com does a better job reviewing the new Thalia Zedek record than I think I did.

[Mueller at the plate with men on the corners; draws a walk.]

My webcasting gig as part of the Radio TeapotHill operation resumed last night with an expanded 150-minute set, and I put together a pretty smashing program, if I do say so myself. I guess having an extra two weeks to peruse the depths of collection really paid off this time. Hopefully I can turn in an equally good slate next week when I am back on my regular slot, Tuesday at 9PM. Here is an approximation of last night's play list (I forgot to do a final save in WinAmp, so, alas, some of the magic has slipped through our fingers):

1. Ad Council - WESU PSA "Ridiculous."
2. The Ocean Blue - Breezing Up
3. Manitoba - Every Time She Turns Around It's Her Birthday
4. !!! - Me and Giuliani Down By The School Yard
5. Cargo Cult - Pimp Posse
6. Drive Like Jehu - Super Unison
7. The Flaming Lips - Frogs
8. The Dambuilders - Slo-Mo Kikaida
9. Broken Social Scene - Cause=Time
10. Interpol - Public Pervert
11. Pavement - AT&T
12. Radiohead - Motion Picture Soundtrack
13. Torgo - Sister (Spacey Demo)
14. Flying Saucer Attack - Soaring High
15. Ambulance LTD - Stay Where You Are
16. The Sundays - Goodbye
17. Ken Nordine - Flesh
18. Kronos Quartet - Cuatro Milpas
19. Sunny Day Real Estate - Pillars
20. Elvis Costello - Spooky Girlfriend
21. Augustus Pablo - King Tubby Meets the Rockers Uptown
22. Sonic Youth - Trilogy
23. Godrays - Songs for T.V. Stars
24. Brian Wilson - In Blue Hawaii
25. Ms. John Soda - By Twos
26. Kid 606 - Tempation
27. Lali Puna - Left-handed
28. The Mobius Band - Taxi Cab
29. The Lilys - Elizabeth Colour Wheel


That is all.

No comments: