July 29, 2006

Coming To Your Local Bandstand: Yo La Tengo

Yo La Tengo -- I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your AssVeteran indie trio Yo La Tengo will hit the road in late September for a few weeks of dates intended to promote the release of its forthcoming set I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass. Incidentally, Matador plans to soon launch a web site here to further push the record; we expect the site will be very similar to the site Obliterati.net that the venerable label deployed to hype this year's stellar Mission Of Burma release. Not content with one new presence on the web, Yo La Tengo has finally gotten hip to the MySpace phenomenon and you can petition to be their newest friend by going here. You can also stream the new cuts "Beanbag Chair" and "Pass The Hatchet, I Think I'm Goodkind" at the MySpace page. If you go as batty for the fizzy pop of "Beanbag Chair" and the droning fuzz of "Pass The Hatchet..." as we think you will, you'll probably want to download them. We've posted the links below, and all the currently available tourdates are posted below that. Get out and see the band, we think they're really going places.

Yo La Tengo -- "Pass The Hatchet, I Think I'm Goodkind" -- I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass
Yo La Tengo -- "Beanbag Chair" -- I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass
[right click and save as]

09/25 -- Asbury Park, NJ -- Stone Pony
09/26 -- Washington, DC -- 9:30
09/28 -- Boston, MA -- Avalon
09/29 -- Jersey (?) -- Loews Theatre
10/04 -- Ann Arbor, MI -- Michigan Theater
10/05 -- Chicago, IL -- Vic Theater
10/14 -- Vancouver, BC -- Richards on Richards
10/15 -- Seattle, WA -- Showbox
10/16 -- Portland, OR -- Crystal Ballroom
10/19 -- San Francisco, CA -- Fillmore
10/20 -- San Francisco, CA -- Fillmore
10/21 -- San Francisco, CA -- Fillmore
10/23 -- Los Angeles, CA -- Henry Fonda Theater

No comments: